Originally Posted by lastround
Gunshops are, for the most part, retail stores. As such, new employees are not easy to find and even more so, not easy to train in the firearms business. It is not fair to think that all the employees should have all the knowledge of firearms and accessories that a lot of folks here on the fire have. To a lot of folks, it is just a job. Just think of how long it took most of us to gain whatever knowledge we have in the firearms field. Maybe we should try to help educate some of the folks working in the LGS instead of poking fun at their lack of knowledge. Just my thoughts.......

My first Cabala's experience I found myself looking at single action handguns. I was looking for a Ruger Blackhawk as I was interested in some stiff loads. I was told the Uburty was way stronger than any Ruger made. There were two other gentlemen at the counter that in calm reasonable voice tried to explain that that was not right. The three of us could not sway his opinion. I am guessing this young clerk was about a third of our ages. He may still be there putting out his misinformation. I don't go there any more.

In all fairness I am sure there are more idiots on my side of the gun counter than they are on the other side. I just shake my head at the idiots I find there and try to make friends with the ones who know what they are doing. Those guys are rair and worth knowing.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!