Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Not a gun store but similar. A few years ago I was working as the cashier at our local gun club. Very late on a Saturday afternoon just before the Monday opening for deer, shotgun only area. Got a call from LGS owner saying a call had come in from someone who had purchased a new shotgun from them, and the guy was at his deer camp a couple of hours drive away. He had run through all the slugs he had bought and couldn't get the scope sighted in. Would they keep the store open until he could drive in to buy more shells? No they said but they could send some to our club the next morning for him to pick up.

Next morning the LGS gun shop owners son brought in the ammo and the hunter showed up with his gun. We looked it over, checked the mounting screws for tightness, etc., and could not find anything wrong. After sitting staring at it for a minute or two I finally realized the scope was mounted 1/4 turn off so the adjustments were reversed.

After taking the scope off and correcting the mounting I took to our range and checked the sight in where it worked beautifully. (Note: The scope had been mounted by the owner not the gun shop.) I thought he was going to kiss me before he left to go deer hunting.

Jim
We had a few of those show up at the rifle range. If we had time we'd remount the scope, if we were busy, we just figured out the conversion and just sighted the darned thing with instructions to fix it after deer season.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla