Long time back when I worked at Walmart and I always felt sorry for the older lady who was in doing her regular shopping and was told by her husband to bring home a box of shells. She would produce an antique flap from a box of shells and ask for "that kind" no matter what I did to explain that Western was no longer an ammo brand, but an identical load in Winchester was available, she would not take it and then give me lip because she knew her husband would be nasty when she got home empty handed. I learned just to say, "sorry, but the state of Illinois requires all ammo to be sold only to FOID holders so your husband HAS to come in for himself to get the shells unless you have a FOID."
Then about an hour later some old coot would come in looking to give me schit with the same box flap and after a short argument I suggested that he visit the locally owned gun shop because they might still have a box sitting on the self of exactly what he wanted.
Oh, and the shells were for just a standard 12 gauge 6 shot load that the guy was going to shoot squirrels with....

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member