Originally Posted by coyote268
Many many years ago this short stocky guy came into my shop. He opened up a gun case and inside it was a FAL. He asked me if I had a magazine for it. Looked at it and sure enough it had the selector switch. Told him it was illegal to have and I went into the house after telling him to just leave it and I would take care of it for him. He left and took it with him but I got his license number. Phoned ATF in San Francisco and told them what happened. A month later a ATF agent I knew very well came in and told me I did the right thing. Apparently they were setting me up. The head hauncho at that time was a real Pr--k. Good lesson learned though.

Had them try a derivation of that with me. Well dressed latino guy came in pretending to be ignorant and asking me about loading an M1-Garand. So I explained it to him. Then out of the blue he asked if I could hook him up with an MP-40. Told him thats class 3, we don't deal with class 3 on any level cause we don't have the license, and that this particular conversation was now over.
I immediately went to the boss' office, told him ATF was just here....they confirmed in the morning.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe