Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
I saw a guy once that deliberately mounted his scope 90 degrees out because the windage turret was in the way of ejecting cases. .
That happens more often than you may think - especially if the scope's sitting in "low" rings..

Forgot to add:

LGS's owner told me about a guy who bought a Leupold scope from him to mount on his rifle (might have been a black-powder rifle - can't exactly recall). Anyway, a few days later the guy came in livid with rage because 'he couldn't hit chit with this scope - boolits were hitting 20-30 INCHES apart.. He handed the rifle to the LGS owner who immediately saw the problem.

The guy had TAPED THE SCOPE TO THE RIFLE.. NO RINGS/NO BASES.. The LGS owner put the rifle in a padded vise, grabbed the scope, yanked it left and right while saying, "HOW DO YOU EXPECT THIS TO BE ACCURATE?"

Then he mounted the scope on a base and rings, told the guy, "come with me".. and they went to the range. He sighted it in quickly and the next 4 bullets landed within an inch or less of each other..

The guy apologized profusely - and left..

Unreal......

He didnt use the 100 mph duct tape, or it would have worked!! grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21