I don't go in and ask questions at a store anymore. Lots of them have their own ideas.

Local store down the road used to be like that, until I finally pulled the owner aside one day and said look, I've done this a bit too, and I don't agree with what you like. I like my own, you don't need to "sell" me anything, when I come in, I have something specific I"m after. You have it, I"m buying it. No sales pitch or loss of time needed. If it doesn't work out its on me, not on you. And if you started carrying Barnes bullets I'd buy all of mine from you to instead of mail ordering them.

The very next time I walked in, I asked for a specific, Rem rifle, low quantity 300/221 threaded... he didn't have, he would start looking for it that day... wife called me a few weeks later, gave me a price and I asked if she wanted my CC number... nope good enough.

We've been fine ever since.

Just don't try to sell me 150 ballistic tips in 300 wtby ammo for my deer ammo again... LOL.

BUT having worked the inside counter side of this when I was in school, I know plenty of the flip side too.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....