Many moons ago I ran a large west Texas gun store during the height of the Brady Bill pre-buying panic, so we were super busy.

Couple of nerds come in one day all dressed up in new suits and new shiny shoes and one of them is carrying a AR-15 with a mag inserted in the mag well.
I moved quickly towards the door to grab the rifle and both nerds flip out their BATF ID's. So I ask dufus #1 if it was loaded, and he said he "forgot" to check.
Said they had just confiscated it in a " raid" and they wanted to know if our gunsmith could take a look at it and tell them if it was a "machine gun" or not.???
I took the rifle and pulled the mag, racked the charging handle. at which time a live round hit the floor! Handed it back to him and told him no it's not!

He said "How can you tell" ? I said it has no selector switch & he said "What's That" ?

I motioned for him to follow me to the gunsmith shop in the back of the store, replaced the mag, charged a round, stuck the barrel in our discharge tank, and said "watch this! "
I then flipped the safety off and asked him to step back and let two rounds go in the tank.

I then removed the mag, cleared the rifle and told him next time he should just fire the rifle & see for yourself. I pitched the loaded mag into our trash can, handed him the rifle and showed him the door. cool
Funny thing though is that we had a big BATF audit at the Store the very next week! shocked
Never saw dufus one or dufus two again though. grin

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/30/16.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~