Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Was at the mall with the wife and went into an athletic store that also carries guns/ammo and saw they had 50rd boxes of 22lr. I asked the dude behind the counter if they had full bricks for sale and he gave me the 'I don't have time for this [bleep]' look but did go back and brought me out the two that I asked for. I finished shopping and went up to the counter to pay. There was a young lady in here tight yoga shorts at the register (bonus), and when she rang up the ammo, it rang up as a single box and not brick price. I explained to her that the price was incorrect and she gave me the 'I don't have time for this [bleep]' look. I tried to explain, but it wasn't registering so I told her to get her manager. The manager came up and yep, same look. The manager finally said, 'Sir, that is the price, do you want them or not'? I thought for a minute and did the only thing I could think of....asked her "how many do you have and do I need two carts or three?"

Did the same thing with primers at one here. $3.99 per 100 so I grabbed a whole brick of 1000 and got rung up for $3.99. Told the little counter worker girl it was wrong, "nope, it says it right there." Ok, hold on while I drag the entire primer case over here.......

Had the opposite happen to me at a gun show (one of the reasons I don't go to many shows). It was a few years ago during the time that 22 LR ammo was so hard to find. Guy at a table had 50 Rd. boxes of Rem Vipers for 6.50, and 500 Rd. bricks for $95. I looked and asked if it should be $65, instead of $95. He replied nope, their more expensive in bulk because everyone is looking for rimfire ammo right now. Asked him if he ever bought anything in bulk to which he said, "hell, all the time!" I said "when I buy in bulk it is cheaper per unit in the larger amounts." He said "well that's backwards. Bulk costs more. For everything."

I said "well you're gettin screwed and if people are looking for rimfire ammo so bad, then why is your table still full?!?" He got pissed and I walked. Can't stand people taking advantage of stuff like that!!😡😡

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29