Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
I remember working the butts in boot camp. The sonic crack of bullets passing a couple of feet over your head leaves an impression.

TV and movie folks that think that high-powered rifles can be easily silenced with a silencer should spend five minutes in the butts.

One time I worked the butts for a city kid on the firing line that was afraid of the M-14. My arms were getting tired from waving "Maggie's Drawers". Didn't see any snakes, though.

You Marines know what I am talking about.

I know exactly what you're talking about although I was in the Army. At Fort Chaffee, Arkansas, the first time my squad and I were down in the KD pits pulling and scoring targets, the SNAP of those .30-06 (Garand) bullets passing overhead were, uhhh, interesting, to say the least.

Later, we got used to it. Fifty soldiers on the ling firing Garands made it sound like popcorn popping down in the pits. grin

L.W.

Try 250 firing spots at Perry at once, Viale, Rodriguez both firing at the same time in rapids... that was what we said popcorn...

Impact into Lake Erie... CG had tough time keeping boats out at times, the impacting bullets supposedly looking like schooling fish on top...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....