Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by barm
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by barm
cooper57M and Gus,

As atheists, what are your views on ghosts, aliens, and bigfoot?

lol. just how did you manage to conclude that i am, or might even be an atheist?

to expand or expound on your rather direct question, i'd suggest it's very possible a lot of early day desert tribes, and others didn't know what to call a space alien but God, since the technology of the possible aliens so exceeded anything the goat-herders were aware of. wandering around in the desert from water hole to waterhole, searching for green grass in the interim was no small task. to meet a god, space alien, etc, would certainly shift one's perspective, is what i'm thinking.

but, who really knows for sure?

Thanks for the reply.

I started reading this thread earlier today and it got me to thinking how differing groups of people, i.e. Christians, atheists view other phenomena like ghosts, aliens, and bigfoot. I know several Christians and I know what they think, but I was curious how another group being a polar opposite would see it?

your assumption is pretty severe, in my interpretation. i've always thought that Jesus was/is the greatest teacher to ever incarnate on the face of the earth. not to say there weren't and haven't been other Great Teachers as well. does one have to believe in the mystical side of Christ, in order to be saved? yeah? what about those folks who wish to practice the Teachings that Jesus laid down? are they not xtians? apparently not in your book. but, that's ok. believe what you wish, and carry-on.

Sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention. My point is many people whether Christian or atheist won't believe in something they can't feel, see, or touch. It's not a judgement just an observation.