My wife and I raised our three son's independent, to be their choice when they had the mind to choose. I was raised devout Catholic in an Italian immigrant family so the routine is clear. My wife was raised a mid-western Protestant in SoCal. Both of us were equally turned off by the "crammed down our throats" environment. So we married Protestant in respect of her grandparents. My side of the family CGAF at this point. She was happy, I was happy. Besides, it was her Father's dime. grin

So now, many years later, my three sons have gone astray. The eldest, 26, reads and tries to live by Buddha. The middle one, well he would rather grill a tri-tip and pour down a MGD than even think about religion. The youngest, an 18 year old freshman at A&M, is there with his high school sweetheart. They, together, are trying to find a church and a like community. When he left our house he had zero of a view and, all told, didn't care to get "it". I suspect he will find what he and she want in religion and will be fine. My wife and I? Well we continue as we have. She knows my view and I know hers. We don't talk about it. In the end it all has seemed to have sorted itself.

Conduct is the best proof of character.