Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Someone mentioned earlier that all atheists are going to hell.

That does not seem very polite.

It's not polite. I'm a Christian but I've never thought telling someone they were going to hell was a good way to introduce them to God.

I've thought about that, and maybe that is a little harsh. But, on the other hand, I think too many times we as Christians tend to "water down" things just so they will appeal to a broader group of people. Just look at the homosexual issue....God was very specific about homosexuality, He says it is an abomination, meaning that it is very, very wrong, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Nowhere else in the Bible does He, or Jesus, later say that their mind has changed about it. Yet, today, many religions and churches are willing to accept homosexuals into their midst, and refuse to condemn their behavior, all the while pretending to worship the Lord and believe in what is written in the Bible. I think they do so for a variety of reasons, the biggest reason being the financial benefit of having a large congregation that gives a lot of money. They don't want to step on their toes and see the money quit coming in. I am not an extremely religious person, in that I don't live and breathe it like some do. I am a Southern Baptist, who has attended a small Methodist church for many years. I struggle every day to keep myself from doing things that I know I shouldn't, and know that it is only by the grace of God that all I have to is just to ask to be forgiven of my sins, and put my trust in the Lord, and all will be well. But, the fact is that atheists are indeed going to go to Hell because they choose not to believe in God. It is their choice, and it is not in bad form for me to tell them that. Just as our pathway through life is dictated by the choices we make, so is our life in the ever after.

I don't think Christians should water anything down. It's more about how you speak the truth, the manner in which it is presented. Read the gospels. You never see Jesus going someplace and telling everyone they are Going to Hell if they don't bow down and worship him.

If Christians decided to "water down nothing" and all begin preaching Young Earth Creationisms, women be silent, and death to gays, witches, etc...the pews would empty quickly, and there would be a lot of empty Churches re-purposed as night clubs.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell