Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Again, not interested in what the men wrote the bible has to say. I want to hear from you guys who talk directly to god to get the current take on things.

No you don't. You aren't interested in anything God has to say,or anything Christians have to say. You only want to try to validate your position.

Exactly.....good comeback. I stated in a previous post that I believe that our success or failure in life is based upon the choices we make. Make good ones, and you'll probably have a good life. Make bad ones, and your life will most likely not be very good. God offers us a choice.....follow Him, and accept His son Jesus as our Savior, and we will have everlasting life after we leave this earth in Heaven. Reject him, and we spend Eternity in Hell. That should offend no one.....it's just the way it is, and more importantly, He doesn't twist anyone's arm trying to get them to follow Him. I don't think anyone, be they a Christian or an atheist, has to prove anything to the other. It's like coming to a fork in the road, one leads Home, and other doesn't. While I would hope that everyone took the right road, I know that's not the case. Some folks are too bent on acquiring fortune and fame while they're here on earth, and they don't give a second thought to what's going to happen them come Judgement Day. That is, without a doubt, the most important choice...and the easiest....that one has to make.