hey journeyman,

unions, like any other institution, are organized and run by humans that put their pants on just like you and me... to imply that unions are inherently crooked because one individual or another commits a crime is as ludicrous as insisting that all businessmen are crooked in the same manner as those who operated ENRON, or the savings and loans of a few years back..... The brand of buckshot rhetoric that you've offered here seems a little lame...

you sidestepped the issue of the individual who agreed as an article of his union membership to abide by union decisions... he has collected union wages... he has received union benefits... and he turned like a rat and violated the trust of the membership at a time when they needed his support.....

maybe the strike would have resulted in the union gaining concessions from the outfit that they are striking.... oftentimes, too, a strike is settled when the union makes concessions of it's own.... And believe me , partner, i've seen a lot of both..... whatever the case, the issue gets settled by an agreement between men who hammer the thing out.....

But a scab?... both the company and the union will despise him when the dust settles.....

seen it before..... john w

"Chances Will Be Taken"