I am having a hard time understanding the usefullness of most unions these days. my best friend and his father worked together at the same factory. his father has been there since he was 18 years old. he never joined the union and he is now one of the best supervisors in the building. my friend on the other hand has worked there since he got out of high school. i say he worked there, in the last 7 years he has worked a total of 3 years, and has been laid off for 4 years. he has a 7 year old son and a 18 month old daughter. where was his union when he was being laid off and out of work. the guys that are protected by the union are forcing the company to move out of our state to another because their wages are to high for the job they do. my friend says that most of the jobs these guys are doing can be completed in a day or 2, but they take around 6 days to finish them because that is what their union contract stated the time for the job was. tell me how that is helping the economy. i don't know about all unions but this one is a burden on the economy for sure...........blake

People sleep peaceable in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.