this is a reply in general to the union versus non union ideas. Let me give an example e.g.I am also a veteran of the U.S M.C. a group known as one of the the greatest fighting forces in the world, this is because of their TEAMWORK and Esprit de Corps.Please bear with me .while individual exploits of bravery by warriors of all times throughout the ages are to be commended and have often turned the tide of battle the wars and empires have been won by organized and well trained groups of men looking forward to the end results and rewards accorded the groups as a result of these victories.The American Indian warrior as an individual was one of the greatest fighters known , and had Tecumseh succeeded in his dream of uniting the tribes, the history of this country would have been vastly altered ,but, they did not succeed in this which was probably good for most of us but very bad for the Native Americans .Gen. Washington never would have accepted the British surrender if Von Steuben had not helped him train a organized army . On the same tack ,if unions had not fought the battles as an organized force in the early 20th. century most of the wages enjoyed by every one ,along with all the benefits we find so neccesary eg. health ins. for our children and spouse, retirement etc. would not be available to any of us, union or non-union . History has proven time and again that rulers as well as employers have not for the most part been magnanimous in they're rewards to the people unless influenced to do so by some form of organized power this is why we have union's, granges,guild's society's and whatever else you want call them.without them you are alone warrior without help or hope once surrounded you are doomed to a ignominious death or servitude without reward.shootrj2003