One other point; the term "scab" is incredibly derogatory for a guy who may have a family he is trying to feed and there are few or no other options available to him. I think you'd do the same thing if you were in his shoes. You probably understand that the company has a right to do business regardless of your participation, and that if the strike is an economic strike, as opposed to an unfair labor practices strike, you are without a contract when you are on strike. Strikes typically happen after the term of the contract has expired. In a strike situation, continuing to do business includes bringing in workers that you refer to as "scabs" because the union has told you that you can't work there while you are on strike under the threat of fines and other sanctions. These can be permanent replacements, and this should be no mystery to you. It's all about choices, my man. You made yours, the guy that crossed the line made his, and the company made theirs, and it is not easy for anyone!. It almost seems that some people feel that there would be justice if the company went tits-up as a result of a strike where they would/could not agree to the demands put forth. I fail to see any winners in that case.
I do not wish any ill on any employees, union or not. We all have to eat, have bills to pay and want to sleep at night knowing that our future is secure. I find no satisfaction in somebody being put on the street or losing their income for extended periods. Choices...