I've been alongside union employees for over 30 years, many of whom were good friends. I do not look down on them, nor do I feel that they do any less a job than I do, regardless of position. I will admit that my previous post seemed very broad in its message, so let me scale it down so it is clearer to you. I am just speaking from my own experiences along side a particular local. IN MY EXPERIENCE (OK?), I knew a union employee who would not apply for a supervisory position because it was not a union position. I believe he felt that if he was hired, he would then be fired for having been union previously. In my mind this was a direct result of being intimidated and propagandized by said local representatives. IN MY EXPERIENCE, this is not an isolated incident. Union practices I have witnessed would substantiate this feeling to most open-minded individuals. Now, before you pass judgement on me for not sharing your feelings, remember that I do not feel this way about unions in general, only the ones I am familiar with. You are obviously a staunch union supporter, and I can respect that if it gets you what you need. I choose to have a different perspective, based on MY EXPERIENCE.