Just a glimpse thru the posts seems to show anger and posturing on the Union side and confident, independant types on the other. Mt isn't a big Union State. I've only worked one Union job and that was in MN. doing the same things I do here. I have no beef with my time in a Union position. I will say the Union shop was a lot less productive, but that may be due to a poorer work ethic in the "city" as opposed to rural Mt. I do remember as a kid my Dad was a Service Manager at local Auto Dealer. Previous to that he'd been a Union Mechanic for many years. Of course management isn't union. When they went on strike he did his job and filled in as a mechanic. All but one [bleep] on the line had no problems with that. The one [bleep] being a fat slob who made a habit of trying to step into Dad's path as he drove home after work. One day the said fat slob did step in front of the truck, dad kept driving and fat slob hit the dirt suffereing leg injurys. I also remember my friend worked a summer job at a Lead Smelter that went on strike. When he showed up the guys told him to cross as he needed the money for school. I think the so called "tough" guys make the Unions look like a bunch of knuckle dragging idiots. Maybe you should concentrate on trying to sell what a Union brings to table, not just what you scarf down out of the feed bag. The conditions that existed certainly warranted the start of Unions, and a case can still be made today, however I've yet to see it here.