MS, My experience is in the auto industry so I can't speak for others. Your citing the lines from the media, not actual circumstances. We do focus on quality and jobs. When I look at a part that I need to manufacture the focus is on producing that part in the minimum amount of time, at the cheapest means possible, while mantaining the highest quality. I have to bid on jobs, competing with outside enities. If I can't match or beat their quote the job is outsourced. I don't get to view their quote, and I'm held to the timeframe I've quoted. Yea, we send work to countries like Mexico. Can you tell me how many of these workers can afford to buy the vehicles they're building? Do you realy think the auto builders discount their vehicles due to the lower labor cost? The savings was passed on to the company CEO, in a 11 million dollar bonus!!!!!!!!!!

We share a good management/worker relationship. We're not out to destroy the company with overbearing demands. I'ts all our buisness to produce quality vehicles that people can afford. Visit a plant, talk to the people. You might be surprised to find how much the line worker knows about their individual job and how it effects the final product. We get fustrated at times due to that we have standards to mantain, and when the parts are out of those standards someone from management will see fit to continue to produce those substandard parts so he can meet his production schedules. Thankfully those days are few and far between.

As far as SBC, why don't they train their employees in the new fields as needed?