Dear AJ,

Stop and think a minute.

1. You've probably never been involved in a decertification. The reason it's almost impossible is that it's illegal for the workers to get outside help from management. They have no chance against the professional goombahs who ARE allowed to get outside help. As soon as a few start to proselitize against the union, they get "disciplined." Many union constitutions allow for fines.

2. Why should Toyota pay such "high" salaries to keep the union out? Answer: The problem with unions isn't high salaries. The problem is the lack of productivity for the reasons I've mentioned.

3. If you're so palsy walsy with GM's management, why has GM laid off 50% or so of its workers in the last 20 years?

While I don't know anybody in authority at GM, I suspect your loving union-management relationship is like a tapeworm. You can't get rid of it so you find a way to live with it. IF GM could snap its fingers and get rid of the UAW, it would be gone in five seconds. Instead they just keep building plants in Mexico and biding their time. Last year they made more money on financing mortgages than on making cars. I hope you get to retire before you get the chop.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.