It has ALWAYS been that easy and always will.

Worst case scenario,you go COBRA on your coverage,until the new outfit picks you up. BFD,if I gotta pay my own insurance,to better my opportunities. That's a good trade.

The best first step(my opinion)is to choose a field in which there is demand for good help,then become a good hand within that trade. Skilled labor ain't a bad thing.

I've worked for outfits big and small,some were a treat to boot up for,others were a [bleep] joke. I never lingered with an outfit I couldn't like,or lit in a local not suited to my tastes. The obvious conclusions,for those initial decisions,should be readily apparent.

It hadn't ever crossed my mind,that I should stomach all things I deemed as unfit and sit by and wait for someone else to come by and wipe my helpless azz for me.

Few things as satisfying as waking up on a bluebird day and deciding,"this is my last day" and moving along to the next adventure. Tramping is an art and the man afeared of bettering things,gets to suck hind tit forever.

The only times I've ever been without work,was when I wished to. None of this is difficult.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."