In the USA, union workers get paid as much as union-free workers. The only exceptions are in industries which are effectively monopolized by only a few companies and one big fat union, provided, of course, it is hard for competitors to enter these industries. Steel and Rubber used to be like this, but union power in these industries has gone down the tubes. Autos are going down the tubes slowly.

Union jobs are way less secure, and are lost at a far higher rate than union-free jobs. Not because of outsourcing. Not because they pay less. The Union jobs are less productive because of the ridiculous stifling work rules which increase costs. Typical union rules: Everyone has a narrow job function and thus has to goof off most of the time. You can't give the job to the best guy. Only the most senior. So it goes.

The Union itself must create maximum strife between itself and the company. Otherwise there is no purpose for the union.

A friend of mine, a United Auto Worker member, reports to a Chrysler plant every day and sits in the cafeteria. He thinks there will never be any more of his work in the plant. A nearby Chrysler plant has his type of worker on overtime. He used to sign in and step out to go fishing, but now they make him sit all day.

Such sickening waste, fraud, and abuse. I'll buy a Toyota, thank you, because they better embody American values. Protection of the inept, rewarding the incompetent, ganging up with big companies to charge consumers twice the price of fair wages, and threatening to beat up working people in the night--these union activities have no place in 21st century America.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.