I'm looking for some quality scope covers to use on my SWFA SS 3-9x42 that's on my hunting rig. I currently have Butler Creek flip up caps on it that just aren't working for me. I love the look, feel, and style of them. The problem is they don't last for me. I broke the eye piece one right before the season started and after much arguing with Bushnell, I got them to replace it. I didn't have the receipt so they didn't want to replace it.

Anyway, I've been hunting for about 2 weeks with them, and sure enough, the new eye piece one broke again. The hinge breaks apart from the cap part. Then last Saturday while climbing into a stand with the objective cover up, the cover bumped the rail on the stand, not hard I should mention, and sure enough it cracked too. I've got some older sets of these Butler Creek covers I love and they seem to hold up, but these recent ones are junk, and I don't want to replace them every 2 weeks.

Are there any better tougher options out there that will hold up? I hate to run it without scope covers. I've tried it, and I end up getting my lens super dirty and have even had branches and what not scratch them on other scopes in the past.

Last edited by slowr1der; 12/13/11.