Originally Posted by Boxer
Originally Posted by slowr1der
Originally Posted by Boxer
Originally Posted by slowr1der
My advice is, if the Butler Creeks work for you, keep on using them.

For me, the new production ones don't work. I've not had a problem with my older set, but the newer ones I've had don't hold up for me. This is a very common issue that's been discussed on many sites, including Opticstalk.com, Snipershide.com, etc. So for the ones of us who keep breaking them, we obviously need to find an alternative. Just because you haven't broken yours doesn't mean that we are having the same luck. No need to come in here, post after post, bashing people who would like an alternative.

If the Butler Creeks work for you, that's great.

Much enjoying that you think an elastic powered open ended sack atop your scope,is going to do anything but hang up on schit and concentrate moisture where you least want it?!!? Schit don't get much funnier than that! It was a very nice touch that you prefaced that brainfart with the muse that you were going to "Field Test" the ruse by a "hard" Hunt and then came full circle to reiterate that the piece of [bleep] schit filled up with water,as your "revelation". The only way to top them "findings",would be to hang a pic of what that "Hard Hunt" garnered in regards to punched tags and touch a wee bit on the AO and it's particulars. Laffin' in advance!

Let me guess, you work for Bushnell? That's the only explanation I can think of as to why you'd be so closed minded on any other choices, and think that everyone has to be using the BC caps.

As for the Scope Shield, it's a whole lot better than the Butler Creeks, that broke apart long before I ever had a chance to take them out in the rain storm we had. That said, had the Butler Creeks held together for me like the old sets I have, I'd think they were a great product, but every set of newerish ones I've had have broken in very short order. They do me no good when they are broken, but I do love the idea behind them, and if they held up I'd think they were great.

The Scope Shield Alaska may not be the best product that ever gets produced, or it may end up being, who knows. However, I can say at this moment it's the best I've used that's currently being produced. I've not used everything out there, so I can only comment on what I have used. If you or anyone else has a product that performs better, send me one. I'd be glad to try it out too. If it works better, I'd be glad to keep on using it, and recommend it to anyone that asks me. So far, I've not found anything that works better, and I've had several sets of BC caps, and they certainly don't work better when they are broken. Not to mention, they don't keep any part of the scope dry in any way shape or form either.

I'm the least closed mind person I know and shoot more part/pieces than anyone I've met,seen or heard of and am never not looking for the better way. I stated plainly,that I've used everything mentioned thus far in the thread and a host of others that haven't been. That being a fact,coupled with more than a wee bit of R&D to extrapolate same with,do allow me the luxury of not being forced to guess,which is of course how I roll. Conversely,I do enjoy the pics of your schit rifle,schit mounts,schit glass and nary a scratch on any of it,coupled with a pic of a Scope Purse atop and empty tags as your version of a "Field Test". All of that to denote that the piece of [bleep] schit is a joke in the weather,which is more than evident at a cursory glance. Curiously enough,your Imaginary "Hard Hunt" is Secret Squirrel Classified,because even as dumb as you are,you know it'd be hilarious to bill your Flat Landing Forays as anything they ain't. Groovin' that you threw a little Mall Ninja schit in there too. Can hardly wait until you expound upon your "findings",after having launched 10 whole rounds through that POS.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Let's extrapolate a smidge. Cheer up,I welded the bases on.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Weather do curious things,when goods leave the couch. Try getting out some time,you'll be amazed at whatcha learn and that not all goods is equal nor [bleep] close.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Bucks%20and%20Bears/DAD_9735.jpg[/img]

'Nother.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/20110420-DAD_3500.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Bucks%20and%20Bears/SeptAlpine07A.jpg[/img]

Enjoying too,that you are a Pan Handler looking for gratis goods,so you can put your "convincing" seal of approval on same and score some schit for free. You are a Do-Nothing Day Dreaming Turd Polisher,talking out your ass,as a best case scenario...though it's fitting that you are a victim of both your "intelligence" and "experience" and that both are literal life sentences.

Congratulations?

LG Texas Tea Bagger,

I know facts are more than a trifle unsettling for you and you are The Queen Of Whine. Here's some cheese for you. Congratulations too,on Spanish being your State language!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/AlaskaeatsTexas.gif[/img]

In fairness,your Legacy is consumate Douche-Baggery frosted copiously with playing Pretend with your Imagination and the never ending bitch session on how your Life is unfair. Go buy yourself a helmet today and put it on,then head right back to the couch where it's safe. I'll happily continue to feed your vicarious angst and take you places you could never get to and show you sights you'd never see,as my gracious nature is boundless and I'm happy to help those farrrrrrrrrrr less fortunate.

It's how I roll.

SamO,

For conversation,aligning BC's other than with their hinge atop both ocular and objective,is a recipe for concession. Firstly,on a right hand bolt,that keeps the flipper as far away as possible from the bolt and it's cycle path. Secondly,it precludes blocking acuity as per acquisition of a victim,because the greatest percentage of victim travel is going to be to port or starboard on the horizon. Thirdly,as the arm is shouldered,both hands are in a default position to actuate both caps in nano-seconds.

Just sayin'.

K-She,

Your insecurities are palpable and you've a great point,that a 3pt don't rate an Avatar...but beings you is a victim of your "intellect","experience","drive",determination" and "mastery" of the Outdoors,you sadly gotta do the best you can,with what little you got. Bless your heart.

I always enjoy your Estrogen fueled rants and eloquent commentary on how you are incapable of connecting dots and that it's always someone else's "fault". On the brightside,you is rather gifted in your first hand accountings of your Vagina Monologues and always give particulars the widest of births. Pun be intended,but someone will haveta 'splain it to you.

There's enough of you Do-Nothing Dumbphucks in this Thread,that Biqsqueeze will probably arise from the dead and add some more Imaginary "experience" to the fray,so as to really frost the cake.

As an aside IEH,I'm still diggin' on how your jaunts with the Scope Purse really aided the Victim tally.

Laffin'!

If you would quit flappin your gums and spend a little time doing some maintenance, your junk rifles wouldn't look so crappy.... A little EEzox or CorrosionX goes along way! "HINT"