Very nice product with outstanding service.
The ripped loop was NOT a defect in the ScopeShield but my super sized poutine chomping brother-in-law hauling himself up to his feet by grabbing the nearest available thing.
IdahoElkHunter knew it was user induced, and knew I was using the factory Zeiss bikini cover as an interim.
Regardless, he wished me a good hunting season, insisted it was on the house, and shipped a new replacement out right quick.
Pulling the release loop back just a tad shucks the cover off quietly without any fuss.
Unlike the originals, the current BC caps are garbage; the ScopeShield works well for me, I like supporting a fellow hunter who's passionate about a good product, and backs it up.

As to tough, there is nothing you could do in normal usage which will destroy it. We did just replace one for a hunter in Quebec whose partner placed the loop around a thick tree staub and attempted to do a chin-up by pulling down on the ScopeShield. He ripped the loop out of the cover, to no one's surprise. So they, like me, are not invulnerable to exceptional abuse.

Low speed, high drag