Originally Posted by Condition Yellow
Terry, how are the ScopeShields different from the neoprene cover that came with my Leupold? Do they just fall away when you take them off? Being able to move it from one scope to another depending on what I'm using would certainly be cheaper than a new set of Butler Creeks for each scope, as I do now.
Hi Condition Yellow! The Leupold Scopesmiths are beautifully made and fabulous for in-the-rack protection. They can be a little difficult to swiftly remove in the field however, but the big differences with ScopeShield involve the Patent Pending "keeper" loop on the ScopeShield, and its instant release feature. The pulltab on the rear means you just stretch 'er back, lift and let go. The ScopeShield slingshots off instantly, but the keeper loop retains it to the rifle forearm, completely out of line of sight. A Scopesmith of course must be stowed, pocketed or just thrown to the ground if in a hurry.

The first reaction of our customers is to slap their forheads when they see them and ask "dangit, why didn't I think of that?"