Originally Posted by GaryVA
Question on the Scope Shield Alaska:

I often use the scope body as a grab/carry handle. The LEU Scope Smith cover does not interfere with my ability to grasp the tube, but obviously, the Scopesmith is not one I'd use beyond storage in the safe. Is the material used on the Scope Shield such that I could grasp the scope like a handle? Or is it such that it would preclude using the scope as a handle??

The specific scope I have in mind is a S&B 1.1-4x24 Zenith. The factory S&B bikini cover with see through lenses is utter garbage. I do not like the fit of either the BC or Weaver covers on this particular scope, and thought the Scope Shield may be the ticket as long as I could grab the tube.

Thanks smile
Hi Gary, I regularly grab my covered Leupy by the tube. The neoprene is soft and flexible, so my fingers actually nearly surround the tube making for a good grab, rifle and all. It is possible you might grab the tube, if you did so with very little grip, (not likely since you are going to pick up the rifle weight) and have the cover slip off, but a with a properly fitting ScopeShield it would be difficult to do. Additionally, we guarantee satisfaction so if it's function was not to your liking, we send a prepaid return envelope and either change size or refund completely, your choice.

Your Schmidt&Bender Zenith 1.1-4x24 is 11.2 inches in length and the recommended fit is our 10" cover, the SS10.

Hope I covered the information for you.
Terry