Originally Posted by Cocadori
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by badczech
BC caps break. In the last dozen yrs I've broken 4. They are cheap and unfortunately I carry an extra set in my pack. But, they simply work fantastic. I do have a set of Leupolds Alumia Flips on a Leupold 6x42 that have performed well over the last 3 seasons under snowy conditions. I tend to believe Boxer and his rain infested results with Alumia Flips, and Scopesheild's sock style cover. I hunt Elk in the sideways rain and fog in Coastal Washington mountain ranges where 75 plus inches fall a year and BC caps are a must. I also hunt in North Idaho and NW Montana and have yet had Alumia Flips fail in Rain or snow.

We get about 9 inches of rain fall a year. I never have had the Alumina fail in the light rain or dry snow here in Wyoming. None of them are really waterproof and I fight dust way more than serious rain.

Because I carry a rifle in a saddle scabbard the lower profile of the Alumina is an advantage.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The biggest advantage from where I sit is the fold flat feature.

[Linked Image]

Nice mules... work on the saddles but nice mules...

Ha, I assume you mean the pack saddles with the mesh panniers.

I am a constant cause of embarrassment to my dad and anyone who has to travel down the trail with me.

I do manage to get loads from here to there without needing to stop and shift loads or repack. That�s the whole bull on Mariah there and while the trip out was pretty level and only 4 miles she never needed a shift or repack.

[Linked Image]

It ain�t pretty but I have lost all interest in diamonds and can barely stomach a well done box hitch.

[Linked Image]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.