Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by Boxer

The A-Max has no peer.

Other than Lapua Scenars... grin

Few love Scenars as much as I and they really rule the roost in a coupla diameters,none of which is 6mm.(grin) They [bleep] smoke SMK's and Bergers for terminal affects,but in 6mm the 105 'Max steals the show...it's a phenom.

I oft lament that the World is a far lesser place,with .25cal and 7mm Scenars being devoid. Happiness would be a 115-esque .257" A-Max and a straight up A-Max in .338" too,though they are making gains with their 285 HPBT and it's .700 BC there.

The 105 really puts it on schit.

'ology,

I've never been ascared of the used market and my 1D3 is an early run,squarely in the "affected" serial number range...none of which spooked me. With firmware and mechanical updates,they produce amazing results on the average and will make you hate everything that isn't 1D-Series in comparison. My 1D2N,really put into context that my technique was spot on,but that the machines were letting me down and it was a breath of fresh air to never again question what AF was going to do to me. The 2N's AF is Legendary amongst Canonistas and I'll easily hang like laurels on my 1D3,as it just reliably does schit that seems impossible.

Happiness is a Loomis in one hand,a great rifle slung over a shoulder,a killer camera/body in the pack and cork shoes laced tight...all waiting for daybreak,to see where/how the day unfolds. Hunch is,water volumes dropped and there's fresh tracking snow,which ain't exactly bad things.

Film at 11:00.