Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Dat's funny...BC Blizzards are an abortion...might as well wrap cellaphane or scotch tape over your high quality coated lenses you'll be able to see just as clearly as looking thru plastic

When was the last time you tried a Blizzard? They had a bad run for a while, in which they produced lenses that were optically complete garbage. When they first started, and now that they've had the problem resolved for a couple of years, the optical quality was and is much better. Granted, the lenses on my nice scopes show a slight bit more brightness and resolution bare, than when looking through the caps, but not much. It's pretty easy for me to shoot animals at dawn and dusk, and it's also easy for me to shoot small groups at 200 yards with a 6x scope, all while looking through the Blizzards.

You can see a lot better through the Blizzards than you can through the standard Flip-ups wink You can flip up either cap, but at least with the Blizzard you have the option of taking a quick snap shot without touching the cap. I don't see a down side when compared to the regular Flip-ups...

Blizzards are all I've been using for the last decade, and I have found them to be anything BUT at abortion.