[Hi Jeff! No one is an azzhole for saying BC's have worked pretty well for you, particularly when they have! Many have had long and good service from them. The focus seems to be on the most recent years where changes were made in their construction. My experience falls in that range, culminating in one exasperating experience that caused me to discard them forever...and they weren't even defective!

It was after that when I stumbled across a ScopeShield, hunted a full season, then tracked down Jon Stram the inventor and went into business. The campfire is a terrific place to bring ALL experience together for the benefit of members who want every side of opinion and experience available. Note that many members would not agree that the problems with BC's are overstated, while many others would. That is the very discussion that the originator of this thread wished to see!

Incidentally, the ScopeShield does not require the "slingshot" method when up very close, as I have been. When that buck walks up behind you, it is effortlessly, and silently, removed in slow motion if need.

Thanks for being a good and very civil member of the 'fire.

[/quote]

Last edited by IdahoElkHunter; 01/19/12.