BC caps break. In the last dozen yrs I've broken 4. They are cheap and unfortunately I carry an extra set in my pack. But, they simply work fantastic. I do have a set of Leupolds Alumia Flips on a Leupold 6x42 that have performed well over the last 3 seasons under snowy conditions. I tend to believe Boxer and his rain infested results with Alumia Flips, and Scopesheild's sock style cover. I hunt Elk in the sideways rain and fog in Coastal Washington mountain ranges where 75 plus inches fall a year and BC caps are a must. I also hunt in North Idaho and NW Montana and have yet had Alumia Flips fail in Rain or snow.

Biggest problem with neopreme type scope socks is that in the heat of battle the interior will collect moisture which is near impossible to whipe dry. BC caps can easily be wiped moisture free.

I wish the BC caps were tougher. Ultimately there just isn't another option for how I hunt.

Can't imangine a world in which I puzzy footed through seasons where I'd never break a BC cap. That just simply put ain't never gonna [bleep] happen.

CZ