Originally Posted by Sponxx
Originally Posted by Paladin
That wouldn't be the stuff from Chile, would it? Seems I had that a time or two while there and it was pretty good.

Ouch party foul!
No it is not the stuff from Chile.
Pisco is a Peruvian grape brady distilled drink. It is called pisco because it originated in the city of the same name.

Chile has a different liquor that they also call pisco, trying to partake in the fame of the peruvian counterpart. They use different limes to make the drink too, but in Chile pisco is usually drank with Coca-Cola. In peru we drink it on its own, as pisco sour, maracuya (passion-fruit) sour, pisco appletini, etc.
Peru is fighting for the denomination of origin as a matter of fact, but sadly Chile has had better marketing of the product for many years. The actual Pisco sour drink was invented in the Bolivar hotel, in downtown Lima, Peru.
I can offer a dissertation on the subject of Pisco and the diversity of it, just based on the grapes it is done with, but I will save it for the gathering smile
I think there is a better offering of peruvian piscos nowadays, since what was available before wasn't that good. I bring mine from Peru.

Thanks for that!

It's always a delight to learn something from someone who really knows what he's talking about.

If pisco sours were a big thing to me, I'd push you to do a seminar, and I'd be right there in the front row, taking notes.

I used to tell my writers to keep in mind that no matter how much you know about a subject, there's somebody out there who knows something about it that you don't.

"Never was a hoss couldn't be rode � never was a rider couldn't be throwed."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.