OK, the shooting challenges look like this;

The "Elk Hunt".
Labarr has come up with some 24" x 36" Elk Silhouette targets and a great challenge. The course of fire is;
Stage one, STANDING ONLY, NO SUPPORTS: At 150 yd, rifle butt on foot, round in chamber, two shots only, no practice, 15 seconds max. A red spotter is zero, all score is distance from individual orange dot on your target.

Stage two, since you shot so pooooooorly at the first stage, would be at max practical range (350 yards), one shot, prone, off a stuffed pack [as your elk is descending into the worst black timber you have ever seen, and probably will ever see]. Every body would use the same pack, no practice rounds. Only real elk calibers, 7 mm min dia, at least 7-08 in size [270's ok for those with a strong feminine side grin ].
Shots will be measured from the center of the orange dots and lowest aggregate distance for the three shots will be the winner.

Prairie Dog Shoot
One shot, cold bore, any caliber, any sights, any position, 200 yards at a 1/2" orange dot on a life-size prairie dog silhouette. Closest shot to the center of the dot wins.

Handgun Duel
RIO7 is bringing a dueling tree for a handgun shoot off. For those who have never used one, it is a way for two people to shoot at steel "flags", the first one to push all of their flags to the other side of the post wins.

"William Tell Shoot"
Traditional Archery, bare bows only, no sights or releases. One arrow at an apple 30 yards away. I couldn't find anyone to volunteer to put the apple on their head, so we'll have to pretend. frown

"Red Ryder Challenge"
Five shots from a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun at five hanging golf balls at 20 yards. Most balls hit wins. Sudden Death shoot-off in case of a tie.

Shotguns I'll leave that to you scattergunners to suggest a challenge. I just shoot at birds. And miss. grin

We'll also have some steel targets to ring for those who love to plink, and there has been discussion of a 200yard .22lr shoot.

For the BPCR Crew, I believe that RIO7 is bringing a full-size Hog Silhouette that could be placed at 400 yards. What say you about one shot, cold bore?

Finally, time permitting, we will have a Military Rifle Shoot. Pre-WWI military rifle, issue sights, 200 yards, best five shot group wins.

There are two ponds here, both just over an acre, two aluminum boats, and plenty of bass & bluegills that are very hungry.

Between the food, shooting, fishing, and fellowship, we should have a full weekend!

Can't wait! grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell