I say recoil is closer to .375 H&H type shove than high velocity small bores (7mm Rem, 338 Win Mag, et al, depending on stock of course) type slap. A quick type shove, but not unbearable when held and shot correctly. Drop at the heel is probably a bit much and no doubt adds to the felt recoil.

It is indeed sporty and a sight to behold. Comes up and fits better than any other double I've had the pleasure to hold, although a Heym runs a very close second.

Had it double on me not long after I got it with the two shots sounding and feeling like one. Must have been holding it properly since I didn't know it had doubled, just that I didn't recall the recoil being that bad and that I should cut the powder charge in half. A trip to Merkel got it right with new hammers and trigger sears (all they said was "it had the old style so we changed them").

Bullets were 480 gr WFNGC from an Accurate Mold in front of 108 grs. RL-19 topped with Pufflon. Haven't clocked that load, but a 515 gr. WFNGC from LBT with all else the same runs 2,125 fps so the lighter bullets may run a tad faster.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~