Thanks to all who participated and contributed to a fine time of shooting, fellowship and good food. Ed and Barbara were fabulous hosts who shared their lovely place so generously. It was so good to meet new Campfire guys and attach faces and personalities to names. So engaged and busy that I forgot to take even a single photo, I know that others did so and am looking forward to the photo reminders of the many mental images carried home.

You all can bet that I will be writing quite a thank you to butchlambert.

Ours was about 2000 miles round trip and we again enjoyed seeing much of Texas. The trip home was going great until last night, at the only traffic signal in Rule, TX, the clutch release bearing seized. So - no clutch action with a 4 speed manual trans. A good challenge! Got off to the side and grabbed a bit of sleep.

Then started the truck in 2nd gear, managed two correct-rev slip shifts and drove almost all the way home in 4th gear. (over 500 miles, including several traffic signals, three stop signs, a few corners, five steep hills and a short stretch on an Interstate). I am beat from the non-stop drive, and thank goodness for wide open spaces and wee hours driving. Now, I get to do a clutch job.

Ed, Barbara, et al � thanks again for a great time - and these Campfire folks are the best.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron