Originally Posted by milespatton
that 'real' handgunners will be recognized by their off hand in a pocket, or behind their back. Love to hear your opinion/explanation, please, if you wouldn't mind.

All that I can say is that Paladin is the real deal. He was hitting a small pig silhouette at 200 yards +/- in that picture. I saw him do the same thing at Quemado. He does not miss much at those distances. For myself, it does not matter if I miss with one or two hands. grin miles

Leighton, David [Paladin] sometimes doesn't check in for several days, so he may miss your question. I asked him the same thing, since the only time we were allowed to put our hand in our pocket in boot camp in the 'sixties was at the pistol range.

I got his usual answer, accompanied by his usual grin.... "Whatever works for you". He went on to say something about Bullseye shooters using the one hand stance as a general rule.

One of the few lessons I've ever learned by observation, rather than experience, is that the 500 Linebaugh is VERY unforgiving of a two hand hold. It will visit that area of your skull just above and exactly between your eyes! grin That happened at Quemado, not at Ed's.

Miles didn't mention that Paladin was putting a hurt on the 200 yd targets with my 4 inch barreled tracker in 41 mag, as well as with his guns.

Peggy had never fired a handgun before, and David was kind enough to introduce her to TexnCal's little Model 60 S&W in 38 cal. She did well enough with it for me to learn that it is not for sale or trade. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place