Originally Posted by Wtxj
Ed what do you and others think about eggs in the mornings. And little thin bread.

Sandwiches for lunch

Shrimp and steaks for Sat. nite meal. ??

BREAKFASTS; For both Saturday and Sunday mornings, eggs and/or pancakes would be great. Sausage and/or bacon/ham for us carnivores, too. Some folks just like breakfast pastries with coffee or tea and some like cereal. With several small kids here and a couple of fruit-aholics around, some bananas, strawberrys, etc would also be great.

LUNCHES; Sandwiches (cold cuts?) makes the most sense, with hot dogs/hamburgers available on the grills of someone is feeling ambitious. Chips, of course, and pickles. Again, fruit.

SUPPERS; Friday night & Saturday nights are wide open. LTPPOWELL has said that he would grace us with his cooking skills, so he needs to be in on the menus so he can decide what he might want to do.
For Saturday night, I like the idea of Shrimp & Steak, that begs the question of side dishes?

For Friday night, which MAY be a bit smaller crew, what about a fish-fry? Gene has the perfect cooker for it, even if the catfishing at his camp doesn't provide enough to feed all.
I also have a propane fish cooker.
We can always make folks go down to the ponds and catch their own supper... grin

I know that there will be some folks with dietary restrictions, so the earlier we know about them, the better we can adjust. No shame or embarrassment, food restrictions are part of life. Barbara and I both have our own.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell