Great thread! Thanks for resurrecting.
I drive across Texas all the time in the big rig. I am spending the night in Laredo at the TA Truck Stop.
I am fascinated by tales of the Comanche. They were the biggest and baddest Indian tribe in our country.
Fantastic horsemen, they were master buffalo hunters.

Love to read about conflict between them and the Texas Rangers.

And, just 11 miles from where I am is the town of Nuevo Laredo. And why did they need a New Laredo?
Because, back in the 1700's, the Comanche came down here and burned Laredo to the ground.
Spanish figured the new town on the other side of the river might be safer from the Comanche.

Plus I love to read about the kidnapping of the Parker girl and the life and times of Quanah Parker. Fascinating.

Cynthia was just 5 years old when kidnapped so she had it pretty good, she was inducted into the tribe will full rights as a Comanche citizen.
There were two girls aged 18 and 19 kidnapped at the same time, both married. Life was not so good for them, they were not adopted into the tribe but were used as sex slaves, and as just plain slaves. All night, four or five warriors would screw them at will.
All day the women Comanches forced them to do the worst of tasks, scraping buffalo hides, hauling firewood etc. And, if they got uppity, a squaw would just slice off their nose.

A living hell for a 19 year old white woman kidnapped by the Comanche.