I dunno about the copulating with dogs thing, tho I suppose anything is possible.

Poor Matilda Lockhart was infamously abused and mutilated horribly while in Comanche capitivity, her pitiable condition famously sparking the Council House Fight here in San Antonio in 1840. OTOH Cynthia Anne Parker seems to have led a happy life among 'em (unless it was a severe case of Stockholm Syndrome).

RIP Ford mentions the episode of the Comanche mother who travelled alone off of the Plains to the Texas Ranger base at Fort Ringgold (Laredo?) to inquired after her teenage son Carne Muerte ("Dead Meat", the name the youth had given at the time of his capture, which I think was either sarcasm or resignation on his part) .

Young Carne had been brung back severely wounded by the Rangers after a skirmish, and after he healed was given tbe run of the place. Ford mentions how the men, touched by his mother's devotion, loaded them with gifts when they left. One of them episodes that makes Ford memoirs ("RIP Ford's Texas" mentioned above) so compelling.

Back East in the 18th Century, Heckewelder recounts four suicides among the Delawares. Two were young men who killed themslves after their beloveds chose another. One other was an older guy who, driven to distraction by his wife's nagging, took poison.

The last was a frequent visitor of Heckewelder's, who seeing his wife's growing attraction and time spent with another man, and desparing of losing his children who would be leaving with her (children belonged to the mother's clan), visited Heckwelder with a gift one last time, and then went out and killed himself.

Here in Texas I believe its in Hermann Lehmann's account of his years with the Comanche where a young Comanche man, despairing after catching his wife in bed with a trader, committed "suicide by White man"; charging a White guy armed with a rifle in the vicinity of present-day Castroville.

So while I dunno if they had sex with dogs, Comanche women apparently did possess the universal female ability to rip some guy's beating heart from his chest.....

Now, GUYS having sex with domestic animals of various sorts, in various times and places, I'd lend credence to grin

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744