You sure as hell knocked the straw man flat on his ass.

?? A straw man is someone who doesn't exist, I was pointing out just some of numerous historical examples, as fully documented as Pat's accounts.

But... I suspect you have little interest in the facts.

As for "making you sick to your stomach", one of the worst and most detailed accounts we have is what Jacob Greathouse and his buddies did to a party of famously friendly Iroquois on the Ohio in 1777 after said Indians had been invited across the Ohio to Greathouse's camp.

The White guys shot 'em in cold blood, and then clubbed a young, pregnant Indian woman and cut the squirming late-term infant out of her belly and hung it up. An act which, if nothing else, also got scores of OTHER White folks killed in the aftermath.

Greathouse hisself escaped retribution, but, a full fourteen years later when he happened to fall into Shawnee hands they knew EXACTLY who he was, and acted accordingly.

If those White folks in Pat's account had gone on to murder Cherokees indiscrimantly I expect you'd give 'em a walk. I mean, even now YOU are willing to condemn the whole bunch and you weren't there, not even close.

OK, what do you suppose the family history with respect to White folks was of a displaced Cherokee in 1830's Texas?

Greathouse hisself likely grew up in Pennsylania in the F&I years when around 3,000 White folks were butchered by Indians in just that one State.

(So did Daniel Boone, but he remained a famously humane man).

I ain't excusing anything, and once again here's the issue you aint answered... do you suppose the folks that Sam Houston held in such high regard were routinely tossing little White kids around until they died?

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744