I've had a book called The Tribal Wars of the Southern Plains, that I've needed to read for several years. I wish I knew more about territories and such but...I guess I should have defined "Comancheria" better, but I meant the area that they normally raided into as opposed to either areas they might raid into or areas that they always did. I've read about them raiding into Colorado for years and assume they did. They had longstanding feuds with the Osage who also had the "Civilized" Indians pressing them from the east. Kiowas were a known ally. Kiowas are even less known than Comanch. Some sources put them at the southern boundaries of the Comancheria whereas others put them in Oklahoma and Kansas. Kansas has Comanche County and the town of Kiowa so...You've got the Wichitas kind of as a barrier who were said to be friendly with whites and Comanch and a kind of trading buffer or partner. One figures that Comanch would have no trouble raiding into their territory though. It's almost always said they raided to or into the Cross Timbers, which I live near and used to live in...

Anyway as to the Cheyenne...you have a similar tribe that are allied with another weaker tribe, the Arapaho. But at least for the Adobe Walls fight, you had them allied with the Comanch. There is the sad tale of the German sisters captured in Kansas but then weren't they ransomed out of Texas or Oklahoma? I forget. Certainly the Southern Cheyenne would have had territory that overlapped the Comancheria-then there were the Pawnee, made out to be such badasses in Dancing with Wolves and always noted but not documented that much in stuff I've read. Pawnee County Kansas too, not so far north either.

Everything around here is "Osage" or "Cherokee" with a sprinkling of other eastern latecomer Indian place names.