The biggest prohibiting factor I can see to introducing a 270/08 is it doesn't fit the new long range nitch. 6.5 creedmoor sales have proven long range interest is a strong driving force in the market today. Bullets designed to work in 270 10 twist barrels cannot compete with calibers on both sides that offer superior twist rates and bullets. My guess would be the standard 270 sales likely suffered in the last number of years and stand to suffer significantly more in the years to come as the Long range fad continues to build momentum. My personal opinion is if it isn't twisted properly in the future it will become lethargic. Today its all about long range or tactical

Edited to Add: IMO we saw the same thing happen in the 50s when the 243 and the 6 mm Remington were introduced. One offered a twist rate that offered more versatility and we all know how that story played out. It is somewhat surprising that it took nearly 50 years for that concept to come to full fruition.

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 11/27/17.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field