You may be correct sir, the 30's market is saturated, the 6.5s not much wanted in the USA but slowly growing among Loony's and non-loony's alike, and apparently nobody 'wants' any new 270 rounds if we consider the feedback here any indication of the masses.

Perhpas the catalyst to NEW 270 rounds would be NEW higher B.C. .277 Bullets, yet those must be accompanied by faster twist barrels to work. THEN perhaps the 277 bore size would have a re-newed vigor of interest....esp. paper punchers. Perhaps - we may never know. We have seen some interest in the '6.8s' though mostly in the AR platforms.

What sir - and I am not posing a trick question, but what do you 'envision' as a new 7mm round for bolt rifles? If any?

Thanks for your post.

No doubt the marketplace is crowded and saturated, but I still anticipate seeing new additions, whether a success or failure commercially.

I do think the industry found some success w/20 caliber rounds i.e. 204 and others, many wildcats. Great Varmint rounds.

Since the 25 caliber market place is 'not as crowded' would you suppose there may be room in that bore size? No doubt it's been less popular, yet unlike the Euro originating 6.5mm's, the quarter bore does IIRC have roots here, and perhaps that would help, I am not sure.

I know there are 25 caliber fans here, perhaps they would feel a 25-08 or something else, might be viable.

Anyone? I am open minded and listening........