There are a few issues. Remington won't load for it unless it makes some real progress and grouped in with the 7mm-08,308 and 260 there isn't much room for it.

So it will be loaded only by Winchester, unless federal sees some benefit. Its not going to be on the 14.99 shelf at dicks with 308 and 30.06, heck most of the time 270win can't make that cut.

If its loaded by just winchester, what are the odds that a Barnes bullet will be among the offerings.. pretty low I would guess.

Winchester has a fairly small footprint in the rifle market these days. Judging by what I see, remington, ruger and savage all considerably out sell winchester. Ruger might at somepoint make a run of 270-08 but I wouldn't hold my breath for savage and count Remington out. No 700's and no Model 7's.. that's a big blow for a new round.

338F is a nice round, it offers something different from 308 and it had some support in terms of chambering from ruger,kimber etc and had good ammo availible ( accubond/TSX) and its pretty much still born from a comercial standpoint.

One of the reasons 338F was stillborn was Winchester had the 358 and 325 and Remington had the 350rm so two of the largest rifle and ammo makers were already unlikely to jump in on a larger bore SA

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge