Originally Posted by 65BR
And MY opinion is as much as I like and use the 6.5-308 Winchester,...

Yep, looks like a lot of Rem vs Win going on in your mind.

You like the round if it's referred to as a 6.5-308 Winchester, but not as a 260 Rem. whistle

Rem has the 260 and 7/08 and will see no reason to do a 27-08, NOR acknowledge any success to Winchester's 270.

Winchester created the 270, (bore size) and the 243/308 Win rounds -

Nope, no anti-Remington here either.... whistle

Do you ever question whether Winchester acknowledges the success of the hugely popular 7mm REMINGTON Magnum?

I am STILL waiting for you masterminds to come up with a proposed idea of a NEW RIFLE ROUND that WILL GUARANTEE a success in the marketplace.

There are very few "guarantees" in life, and even less in the overcrowded cartridge-creating arena. With an overabundance of more than adequate, and very much overlapping and redundant, chamberings available, there is very little room left for reinventing the wheel in the sporting rounds world.

sure it's no secret that Remington is not my favorite rifle action and I think that's a thorn in your side.

No thorn here. Remington happens to be my first choice, although there are a few Winchesters ( eek ), Rugers, Marlins, and others in the safe. As a matter of fact, my competition target rifle is built on a M70 action, one of four old M70's leaning there. My shelves are loaded with Remington, Winchester, and Federal ammo, with all kinds of headstamps from both camps. My handloads may use Rem brass holding Win primers (I wonder if they have little fights inside the boxes at night when nobody's around?). I freely support whichever one produces the best of what I need in that item.

I think that you're obsessed over something that is not going to happen, by any major manufacturer. If it's a slam dunk, get a reamer cut to your specs, build something, develop the ammo, and pitch the idea to the big boys. If successful, you can bask in the glory, and come back here to rub everybody's nose in it. My bet is that you won't get so much as a return phone call...