No Knees, I think that when a guy thinks 'I need a 338' or medium bore, I want POWER on big game AND reach.

The 338F to my thinking is a real thinking man's practical round, and I would like to try one, yet it's no doubt - still born.

I think the bulk of rifles sold are to deer hunters. Most feel a 338 of any kind is just too big and 'WHY do I need a 338?'

The 325 IMO failed to be more successful NOT due to lacking in ballistics (ironic so many giving me a shellacking for seeing little difference in ballistics) BUT it's a caliber not many KNOW. FEW USA shooters know or want an '8mm' much less heard of a '325' though as John Barsness stated recently:

The industry makes it's bread and butter on the OLDER rounds that are popular already. ANY newbie is just that, a 'NEW' idea to make a fast quick buck and if it starts to fail, 'We bail' NOT putting future advertising dollars into it.

The 270 has nothing to fail.

NO 270 round to date has 'failed' though the WSM series was perhaps a disappointment as a SERIES as the WSSMs. Was it that they 'lacked ballistic differentiation?' NOPE.

Funny NOBODY says anything bad about a 308, and IT was the offspring of the 30-06. BOTH have been very popular. Think LONG ACTION - then go w/'06, if you want a compact short action - a hunter will choose a 308.

REALLY that simple guys, that last paragraph. BOTH 30s are popular. Many 30 owners WANT bigger than 270, 243, and 260, BUT they don't want the recoil of a 338, nor feel the need for the power. WHY? The 30s are PROVEN on game, inc. and especially deer.

Jack O'Connor LONG ago proved the merit and value of a 270.

LIGHTER recoil and flatter trajectory is what differentiated the 270 over the 30-06.

So it is with the 6.5s.....light recoil, flat shooting, deadly power.

ALL that is READILY available in the 270, yet currently not in a non magnum short action round. The 6.8 SPC is 300-500 fps BEHIND the 270-08 and 270 Winchester and I NEVER expect to see it be a popular short action bolt rifle choice.

Just how I see it.

I agree, the .264, .277, and .284 ALL are about THREE PEAS IN A POD when talking 130-140 grain deer loads and stuffed in a 308 case.

TOO close to spit for the difference in trajectory for most sane ranges hunters shoot, nor in recoil, nor in killing power.

I firmly believe ANY of the 3 calibers, in a 308 case w/quality 130-140 gr is very tough to beat for a handy deer rifle in a portable package w/20-22" barrel.

Will it sell? The few here won't decide the fate if it does come out.

If it were launched, it won't fail due to lacking in trajectory, harsh recoil/or perception of (like the 338 F perhaps) or killing power.

The 7/08 took 30 years of being a Saami, the 270, 85 years, etc.

The 270-08 IS a cartridge worthy of consideration as I have NO need, nor want in ANY cartridge of ANY bore size as there is no other VOID left to my thinking. Seeing THIS bore, in a new short action non magnum round, being the one 'void left' in what has been a VERY popular series of cartrides - all based on the 308 Winchester, and capitalizing upon the LONG popular 270 Winchester franchise.

Just how I see it and respect other's opinions on 'need and ballistic gack.

Mine is purely 'a marketing niche/opportunity' if a mfg. wants to give it a go. Time has shown one thing, NEW products will always be tried in the marketplace.

Can anyone think of anything better from a practical standpoint in a bore size PROVEN, save the OOPS....yes the 25-06 WAS mfg. by Remmy, and why not a 25-08?

BUT, we ALL know the 25-06 never sold like the 270...so again.

WHY Not a 270-08? As surely, SOME rifle/ammo mfg. WILL bring something NEW this coming year and years beyond. What will that be?