Originally Posted by 65BR

Is there ANY reason WHY a M70 Carbine in a 270-08 cannot do ANYTHING and EVERTHING that a Rem mfg. M7 7/08 can?

NO reason at all, and that is the point a 270-08 is redundant

So you are telling me that there IS no market for a tolerable recoiling rifle, that is light/handy and kills as well as what YOU guys already say are top choices in cartridges?

The point again goes over your head. The option already exists is the point. Get it?

In fact, my whole post was generated to help you and VA and others.

You are assuming that they need your help

JWP, obviously one cannot learn who knows it all. You apparently do. You should stop coming to the campfire to read others comments sir.

I always learn something, where there is something to learn. You on the other hand, not so much

Azar- nice points, yet how does one Accurately assess demand, when there has been NO 270-08 as an OPTION to chose from in the marketplace? One cannot, as their is no sales history and I have yet to see any 'Market Research' to back up that statement.

Why would you see any market research? Of course the fact that we are potential customers and find it a useless endeavor falls on your deaf ears

Your question about what DOES a 270-08 offer, a round suited for a short action carbine. Any reason why someone would buy a 7/08, applies to the 270-08.

Suddenly you admit it makes no sense, since the 270-08 covers the same ground already covered by the 7-08

Nope - anything new from here on in any product design is re-inventing the wheel so we should all save ourselves time and not waste time reading other's threads about potential future ideas smile

Only when it does just that, is it re-inventing the wheel. You do seem to be the master of that

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first