JWP, let's see here:

Remington has the 280 and still makes and sells it. It comes in a long action rifle. The 280 came out in 1957. The 270 came out in 1925.

You want to tell me WHY Remington is able to sell 280s? WHAT ballistically CAN and DOES a 280 do, KILLING, better than a 270?

I won't hold my breath. They are BOTH the same ballistically.

It's a headstamp issue. You keep focusing on functional aspects/dimensions of one round vs. the other.

ALL work, we have agreed upon that, yet you want to disagree with my idea and that's fine, your point is made.

The fact is in ANY business, a certain segment of consumers Look, WANT, and BUY, 'New Products' because they are the trend setters and thought leaders.

I think you are very closed minded to anything new.

Again, Give me YOUR new rifle cartridge proposal of something that deer hunters will buy.

Waiting..........anyone else. Give me your ideas. Let's put them all out here in the open.

What? No ideas? NO creative intellect here?

OH, perhaps nobody with the Balls to speak up and risk a shellacking smile

Anyone with Better ideas, I am ALL ears, love to hear the idea, in full - complete w/ballistic comparisons supporting it's value, and a marketing strategy guaranteeing success in how you are going to market and SELL this to the MASS buying public. SO bulletproof, not even the likes of a JWP, VA, or anyone else can ridicule.

TFF.